Friday 22 April 2011

Chaba Guest House

I moved today, my previous guest house was really nice but it was quite noisy and had too many distractions; TV with lots of US channels and DVD in my room. My new room has a desk and no TV or DVD but is bigger and i have a double bed so i can sleep better. The neighbourhood is much quieter as its further away from town but still only 5 mins in a tuk tuk. I get breakfast here too included - had homemade bread and mulberry jam made from their own mulberrys today followed by lovely veggie rice and then a banana leaf with sticky sweet rice and some kind of custard in the middle and the a bowl of coffee!! Was great!

At this guest house there are a lot of people I am studying with; Karen, Courtney, Yuki, Louisa and Andrei and Susan. They even have a thai massage mat that we can practise on. The plan is this after noon to spend studying then maybe head out this evening.

I've just done my washing and am sitting looking out of my window at the banyan trees and lotus flowers below me. Its pretty idyllic! Only downside is there is some construction work going on behind the guest house garden which is a bit noisy but I'm mentally blocking that out. We have a lovely enclosed courtyard garden with banana trees and all sorts of amazing flowers and there are tons of butterflies around.

No comments:

Post a Comment